The following information indicates current policies and procedures associated with fire safety and prevention.
- All campus buildings have a fire monitoring (which includes smoke detectors and sensors) and fire alarm system. The system is monitored at the
security building 24/7.
- All dorm rooms have smoke detectors which are monitored by the fire alarm system.
- Each semester there is a fire alarm drill conducted for all of the dorms. Resident students go to a pre-determined location while all the dorm rooms are
checked by the Resident Director and Security staff. A log is then completed for each dorm fire drill.
- Merritt's and Steele Halls, men's dormitories, have posted fire evacuation routes on the floors. Also there are several fire safety tips posted with the
evacuation routes. Units in the women's dormitories, Paden Hall and Emmons, have doors that exit immediately outside.
- Merritt's and Steele Halls have fire emergency doors that close automatically when the fire alarm goes off.
- There are fire extinguishers located throughout the campus buildings. They are checked on a monthly basis by Security staff and serviced at least annually.
If they have been discharged or not properly charged they are then replaced.
- Once a year all the fire alarms and smoke detectors are checked and serviced by a licensed contractor.
- Once a year the fire water flow system is checked and serviced by a licensed outside contractor.
I chose CCC because I was looking for a Christian College that had a Pre-med program. My older brother is a CCC student, and as I looked into it more, I knew it was where I needed to be. So far I have really enjoyed my science classes! The teachers are great and I have really enjoyed being here. The environment is very family-like. I'm also involved in my Greek and enjoy doing things for the community with my fellow members.