The following information indicates current policies and procedures associated with fire safety and prevention.
- All campus buildings have a fire monitoring (which includes smoke detectors and sensors) and fire alarm system. The system is monitored at the
security building 24/7.
- All dorm rooms have smoke detectors which are monitored by the fire alarm system.
- Each semester there is a fire alarm drill conducted for all of the dorms. Resident students go to a pre-determined location while all the dorm rooms are
checked by the Resident Director and Security staff. A log is then completed for each dorm fire drill.
- Merritt's and Steele Halls, men's dormitories, have posted fire evacuation routes on the floors. Also there are several fire safety tips posted with the
evacuation routes. Units in the women's dormitories, Paden Hall and Emmons, have doors that exit immediately outside.
- Merritt's and Steele Halls have fire emergency doors that close automatically when the fire alarm goes off.
- There are fire extinguishers located throughout the campus buildings. They are checked on a monthly basis by Security staff and serviced at least annually.
If they have been discharged or not properly charged they are then replaced.
- Once a year all the fire alarms and smoke detectors are checked and serviced by a licensed contractor.
- Once a year the fire water flow system is checked and serviced by a licensed outside contractor.
I chose CCC because of the Christian environment. I also really liked that CCC is a smaller school. I feel like I do not get lost in a crowd here, but instead I have the chance to really get to know people and form relationships. As a transfer student from another Christian college, I see that CCC is different. The biggest difference is the professors. At my other school I did not get to know the professors, but here at CCC, the professors are always there for you when you need them and they really make an effort to get to know you. As a member of Joy Club, a service organization at CCC, I am able to go and spend some time with kids who just need someone to hang out with them, and it is amazing. I love the opportunity to go and just spread the love that God has given me to these kids.