The following information indicates current policies and procedures associated with fire safety and prevention.
- All campus buildings have a fire monitoring (which includes smoke detectors and sensors) and fire alarm system. The system is monitored at the
security building 24/7.
- All dorm rooms have smoke detectors which are monitored by the fire alarm system.
- Each semester there is a fire alarm drill conducted for all of the dorms. Resident students go to a pre-determined location while all the dorm rooms are
checked by the Resident Director and Security staff. A log is then completed for each dorm fire drill.
- Merritt's and Steele Halls, men's dormitories, have posted fire evacuation routes on the floors. Also there are several fire safety tips posted with the
evacuation routes. Units in the women's dormitories, Paden Hall and Emmons, have doors that exit immediately outside.
- Merritt's and Steele Halls have fire emergency doors that close automatically when the fire alarm goes off.
- There are fire extinguishers located throughout the campus buildings. They are checked on a monthly basis by Security staff and serviced at least annually.
If they have been discharged or not properly charged they are then replaced.
- Once a year all the fire alarms and smoke detectors are checked and serviced by a licensed contractor.
- Once a year the fire water flow system is checked and serviced by a licensed outside contractor.
I chose CCC because of the good education program and the godly environment. The small campus allows teachers to get to know the students individually and develop personal relationships with them. I love CCC! I'm surrounded by so many people who care for me personally, not only in my academics, but also in my spiritual life. I am vice president of my class and recently got nominated for vice president of my Greek. Being a class officer, I have a chance to help make an impact and get to help decide what the focus of our class is going to be. It has been exciting to be involved in planning our activities and meetings and to see God work in the lives of my classmates throughout the year and a half I've been here. In addition to my elected responsibilities, I am a student worker and a devotion leader (DL) for my unit. Working for Coach Whitaker and Coach Champion has been a blast! The tasks Coach Whitaker has given me have broadened my experiences, while being a DL has been a good experience for me to learn how to be a spiritual leader. I have learned a lot about myself and have been able to grow and be encouraged by my responsibilities.