The following information indicates current policies and procedures associated with fire safety and prevention.
- All campus buildings have a fire monitoring (which includes smoke detectors and sensors) and fire alarm system. The system is monitored at the
security building 24/7.
- All dorm rooms have smoke detectors which are monitored by the fire alarm system.
- Each semester there is a fire alarm drill conducted for all of the dorms. Resident students go to a pre-determined location while all the dorm rooms are
checked by the Resident Director and Security staff. A log is then completed for each dorm fire drill.
- Merritt's and Steele Halls, men's dormitories, have posted fire evacuation routes on the floors. Also there are several fire safety tips posted with the
evacuation routes. Units in the women's dormitories, Paden Hall and Emmons, have doors that exit immediately outside.
- Merritt's and Steele Halls have fire emergency doors that close automatically when the fire alarm goes off.
- There are fire extinguishers located throughout the campus buildings. They are checked on a monthly basis by Security staff and serviced at least annually.
If they have been discharged or not properly charged they are then replaced.
- Once a year all the fire alarms and smoke detectors are checked and serviced by a licensed contractor.
- Once a year the fire water flow system is checked and serviced by a licensed outside contractor.
God led me to CCC. The accreditation was definitely a big deciding factor (and it's in Florida!). CCC is a great school that has a good balance of Christian principles and a wonderful student body. The faculty and staff are also great people. As the vice president of the freshman class, I love the leadership opportunities and chances to get involved. I'm also a part of the political club and enjoy helping with grass roots political work in Florida. For work, I help out on the grounds and assist Dr. Cundiff with daily office duties. Both of these campus jobs give me good experience for the future. Above all, CCC helps teach balance in your Christian life. When I graduate, I pray that I will take with me a sense of balance.