The Theater minor at Clearwater Christian College is designed to help students interested in developing their God-given talents for public
speaking and performance. This minor complements many programs, including communications, education, and business. A thorough training in
theater will give the student a confidence that is necessary for any public speaking-on stage, behind a lectern, or in the classroom.
Theater minor students gain hands-on experience through fine arts productions.
Why choose Theater Minor at Clearwater Christian?
- Familiarity with the inner-workings of the theater will help students interested in pursuing a career in acting, drama, or stage
by providing them with the skills needed for both backstage and on stage work.
- Recognizing that story-telling is an exercise that can be used for the furtherance of the Gospel, the study of theater from a
Biblical perspective allows students to develop their talents in a Godly environment by focusing on the development of God-given
talent and ability.
- The study of theater on an undergraduate level will open doors for future study at conservatories and grad schools across the country.
- Developing students' natural theatrical ability in a Christian environment will enhance their creative skills, their composition and
communication techniques, and their performance confidence through God-honoring methods.
- A theater minor is valuable in business, journalism, counseling, and education.
||Voice and Articulation
Choose one of the following two courses: (3 hours)