Education without the
Fine Arts is fundamentally impoverished and subsequently leads to an impoverished society. An education that includes music will
enhance one's overall academic success, enhance their life, and provide a means of expressing their love for the grace provided them
through God. Those who teach music have the unique blessing of opening a window to this world for their students, forever
changing them for the good.
Why Choose Music Education at Clearwater Christian
- Comprehensive program that prepares you for teaching music throughout K-12
- Approved teacher-education program with the state of Florida enabling you to obtain professional credentials required in the field
- Instructors who pursue cutting-edge research to ensure graduates are trained to utilize the latest and most effective approaches in music education
- Increased number of performance opportunities due to overall institutional size, numerous group and program options, and our worship emphasis
- Personalized placement in practicum and internships that match student with teacher
- Proper focus on using music and one’s talents for the glory of the Lord and not the elevation of self
- Instructors who exemplify before their students a Biblical passion for music, their vocation as teachers, and the students God directs to them
Music Education majors are expected to possess some proficiency in either vocal or instrumental areas, a desire to develop one's
abilities for the enjoyment of others and worship of our Creator, and to help others develop their gifts. To assist in this
determination, all Music Education majors are also expected to audition before department faculty prior to the start of classes.
In addition, Music Education majors are required to establish and maintain a 2.5 grade point average by the time they reach their
sixtieth credit hour.
National Association for Music Education
View more information on the Clearwater Christian College chapter of
National Association for Music Education.
"Your music program produces awesome teachers. We have hired several over the past years. We currently have two of your graduates on staff."
Jonell Giroux - Skycrest Christian School, Clearwater, FL
Interesting Classes I Might Take
- Applied Principal and Secondary proficiencies
- Music History and Theory
- Choral and Instrumental Conducting
- Elementary/Secondary Methods
- Instrumental Methods
Music Education Adjuncts
What can I do with a major in Music Education?
- Choir director
- Music minister
- Recording business
- Program director for radio/TV
- Songwriter and arranger
- Music performance
- and more
What are CCC Music Education graduates doing now?
Employers: Many CCC music education graduates are teaching in various private Christian and public schools throughout the
United States. Others are involved as music composer/arrangers, singing opera, sacred recording artist, and children/adult music
ministry in local churches
Graduate schools: Boston University, Eastman School of Music, Florida State University, University of Denver, and University of South Florida