A degree in music is a valuable asset for access to many other careers. In particular, music graduates are sought after in professions that
demand a high level of personal confidence, communication skills, and expressive abilities. A degree in music also prepares individuals to
worship God and communicate Biblical truth through individual or group performance.
Why choose Music at Clearwater Christian
- Unusual combination of faculty that desire to not only instill a quality education in music but also enrich each student's spiritual walk
through Godly leadership and discipleship opportunities
- Family environment within the music department - congruency between faculty, upperclassmen, and first year students that extends into
student life and extra curricular musical pursuits
- Statistics have shown that students of music excel in achievement tests and retention of advanced concepts due to their life-long
discipline of music mastery
- Elementary study of music theory leading to foundational concepts of practice, public performance, and perfection aids the graduate in their career,
vocational, or ministerial life pursuits
Music majors are expected to possess some proficiency in either vocal or instrumental areas and to desire to develop one's abilities for the enjoyment of
others and worship of our Creator. To assist in this determination, all Music majors are also expected to audition
before department faculty prior to the start of classes. Music majors are expected to maintain a minimum of a C average in their Music classes.
Interesting Classes I Might Take
- Applied Principal and Secondary proficiencies
- Music Theory
- Choral and Instrumental Conducting
- Orchestration and Arranging
- Music History
In addition to the full-time faculty pictured above, some adjunct faculty are occasionally used for their expertise to teach individual lessons.
What can I do with a major in Music?
- Choir director
- Music minister
- Recording business
- Program director for radio/TV
- Songwriter and arranger
- Music performance
- Sound technician
- and more