A fascination with God's creation, a heart for one's fellow man, and a desire to communicate truth to others are at the
foundation of our Biology Education major. In addition, biology professors enjoy the challenge of developing in their
students the required critical thinking skills needed to sort out all the "information" and make intelligent decisions
on their world and environment in light of the Word of God.
Why choose Biology Education at Clearwater Christian
- Skills learned in conjunction with labs associated with required courses are specific and practical to the pre-internship and internship experience
- Approved teacher-education program with the state of Florida enabling you to obtain professional credentials required in the field of Biology education
- Learn from experienced faculty serving as classroom and lab instructors in a place where your natural surroundings double as your laboratory environment
- Proper emphasis placed upon the Creator and creation - learning from a Biblical, scientific standpoint
While there are no additional admissions requirements, those enrolling in the Biology Education major are expected to maintain a
minimum of a C average in their Biology and education classes. Biology Education majors are required to establish and
maintain a 2.5 grade point average by the time they reach their sixtieth credit hour.
Biology Education majors are also expected to
possess a desire to understand the origin and intricacies of living things, to understand the relationship between God's world and
God's Word, and to communicate what they find to others.
Interesting Classes I Might Take
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Invertebrate Zoology
- Various educational methods courses
In addition to those shown above Dr. William Falls and Mrs. Michelle Newell are teaching classes included in the Biology Education major.
What can I do with a major in Biology Education?
- Forensic Science
- Park Rangers and Botanists
- Politics and Policy/Advisors
- Business and Industry
- Science Writing and Communications
What are CCC Biology Education graduates doing now?
Employers: Pinellas County School System, Hillsborough County School System
Graduate schools: Georgia Tech, Texas A&M, Baylor College, University of Tennessee, Purdue, Seton Hall University, Georgetown