Language reveals the history, culture, and heart of its people. Studying one's
language through its literature opens the doors to their joys, sorrows, and needs. Developing an ability
to communicate effectively in your own language will enable you to uniquely express yourself clearly
to others in a way that can transform their lives.
Why choose English at Clearwater Christian
- Through intensive literature study, the student will understand, enjoy, and evaluate literature
while becoming acquainted with works of the world's major writers as well as those writers' social and intellectual backgrounds
- Faculty that discreetly guide students in purging fallible assumptions through examples in literature
and the English language so they can determine which fundamental concepts are acceptable and valid for the formation of an accurate, Biblical world view
- Selective literature study that gives the English student the most profound experience with truthful, artfully presented literature beneficial to the
formation of an awareness of the human condition, our responsibility to communicate truth, and making a difference in the world
While there are no additional admissions requirements, those enrolling in the English major are expected to maintain a minimum of a C average in their English classes.
English majors are also expected to possess a love for reading and a desire to express thought through written and oral means.
Interesting Classes I Might Take
- Expository and Creative Writing
- American and British Literature
- World Literature
- Contemporary Literature
- Literary Criticism
What can I do with a major in English?
- News reporter
- Speech and freelance writer
- and more
What are CCC English graduates doing now?
Graduate schools: University of South Florida, Old Dominion University, Dallas Theological Seminary, NYC College, The New School